Last updated: April 5th, 2019
- Who are We?
We are Sweet Leaf Concentrates, located in Vancouver, British Columbia. You can contact us by email at: email@example.com
- Information We Collect and Why
Information that is collected while you use the Services can be one of the followings:
- “Personal Information” which means information that is normally identifies you as a natural person, or that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify you as an individual. Such information may include a first and last name, an email address, phone number, a home or other physical address, and other contact information. In addition, in some jurisdictions (like the Canada for example) and given the specific use we make with the information, IP address that your Internet service provider allocates for your device, may also be considered as Personal Information.
- “Non-Personal Information” which means information that cannot personally identify or lead to identifying a natural person. For example, statistics or aggregated information.
Information we collect may be of the nature of Personal Information or Non-personal Information, and can be collected in one of the following ways:
- Information you submit to us
- Creating an account: Some of the Services require registration and signing up to a user account. If you choose to do so you will be asked to submit some information such as your email address, full name and other Personal Information to be submitted in a dedicated form. Your username will be the assigned (or the e-mail address you used), and you will also be required to choose a password. This information will be used to identify you when you connect to your account. Upon your consent, your email address will be also used to send you information, updates and newsletters about our Services.
- Purchasing a product: If you wish to purchase a product from the Site or any other website that offers our products, you will be required to provide your contact information, such as your full name, email address, billing information shipping information (if relevant). Additionally, your requested payment method and payment information will be required, such as your credit card information, PayPal account information, fax order information and a valid phone number you may be contacted with (“Payment Information”). Please note that your Payment Information is collected and processed directly by our 3rd party payment processors, and such Payment Information is never collected or stored directly by us.
- Please make sure that you submit a working email address because this will be the address to which we will send your purchase confirmation, receipts, tracking numbers, support and product notices.
- When an email address is not functional, we may deactivate your associated password. The information you provide will be used to process your order and to deliver the item(s) you ordered (to your email or physical address, as per your choice of order). If there is a problem with the order, one of our representative may contact you by email or phone. A confirmation email is sent for each purchase to the email address you give us, so if you have a few addresses take a moment to remember which one you give us.
- Contacting our support center
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By using our site contact form
- Contact us directly by email or phone: when you choose to contact us directly, we may collect your inquiry details and content, including your contact details in order to address such inquiry you have submitted to us.
- Information collected about your use of the Services
- Cookies Like to any online service, we may gather some information about usage when you browse our Sites or install our Products. Website information is collected by cookies (for more information refer to the relevant section below or read more here ). Such information includes your general activity on the Site and whether you have purchased a product or accepted an offer, and often being used for measurement, analytics and statistics.
- Log files: We collect information through server log files, but also by deploying tracking technologies within the Site, such as pixel tags. We do this to analyze trends, track user’s engagement and interaction with the Site and respective Services. The type of information collected may include internet protocol (IP) addresses that your Internet Service Provider allocated to your device. We collect IP for limited time and for specific purposes. One, is to better understand your geographic location (country, region and language) and therefore be able to provide the Services in your own language and relevant to your place of origin. Second, we use automated tools to analyze IP addresses and flag those that are fraudulent (“Anti-Fraud Purposes”).
- How We Collect Your Information
- A cookie is a small text file that is placed on the browser of the hard drive of your computer (or similar device) by websites that you visit. Cookies are typically used in order to make websites function, or function more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the particular website. Cookies make your use of the Website and Services easier to use and improve their functionality.”
- They are used to make the login process easier for our users, to allow the website to track which products you have added to your cart and your preferred country, language and currency, and to track website’s visitor across the Site.
- Please be aware that you may set your browser to refuse or block any cookies from us or our 3rd party partners. In this case, however, some of the Services may not properly function.
- Third Party Services and Promotional Offers
- Third Party Services:
- In order to provide, operate, maintain, serve and improve the Site and Services, so as to be able to further offer additional products, we use 3rd party services. Such Services include payment processors, feedback feature, support and ticketing systems, operational tools, analytics and statistical tools,” that will be available via the Services.
- When you share your information with such 3rd party services, it will be treated and handled according to their own privacy policies, that are required to be made available to you. When such privacy policies cannot be available, for example, when the services include a hosting or storage service, we require such services to treat your information according t the requirements of applicable laws.
- Advertising and Retargeting:
- Consent, Choice and Modifications
- Some of the Services will require you to submit specific Personal Information. In such case you can choose whether you want to use such Services or not. Be aware that even if you provided us with your Personal Information, you have the full right to withdraw such consent at any time by writing to email@example.com
- Sharing of Information
We may, in some cases share Personal Information with others, in the following circumstances and for the following purposes:
- Data Storage and Security Platforms (“Processors”):
- We use third party storage services (including cloud storage) to store and retain your Information. It means that we send or otherwise share your Information to/with third party entities that are based in The United States, The UK and France, for the purpose of storing such information on our behalf, or for other processing needs. Such Processors may be based (and their servers may be located) anywhere in the world. We require each such Processor to maintain a strict privacy protection and data security policies, and strict compliance with applicable data protection laws. However, their practices and activities are fully governed by their own privacy policies.
- Third party payment processors
- Third parties we engage or host or provide us with services and features that allows us to provide our Services, such as the payment processing vendors, that process and facilitate any purchase you make.
- Legal Proceeding or law requirement: we may share your Personal Information with any third party if we believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; and/or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of NI, our affiliated entities, our users, yourself, and/or the public.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy.
- In the event that we or one of our affiliated entities is acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or otherwise sells all or part of our/its assets, we may (and hereby reserve the right to) transfer or assign the Personal Information and other information we have collected or received. In such case, we will require the acquiring entity to post its data practices and provide you with any of your rights as per the jurisdiction of your residency.
- We may also share some non-Personal Information with the following type of third parties and under the following circumstances:
- Control and Choices
- You can decide at any time to exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Information and the jurisdiction of your residency. For example:
- Your Rights to be Informed: As a Customer of us, you have certain rights concerning your information. You may request to know if we have collected any personal information relating to you and how we use the information.
- Your Right to Access Your Information: You have the right to receive information relating the processing of your personal information. This right includes obtaining a copy of the personal information Sweet Leaf Concentrates holds about you, the purpose we are using the information, the source we received it from and any recipient of your information.
- Your Right of Rectification: You may also request us to: edit, correct, verify, update or delete your Information. You may also request, under certain circumstances, that we not use automated processing or profiling to reach any conclusion relating to you.
- Machine Readable Copy: The event that you have consented for us to process your personal information or you have entered into an agreement with us that allows us to process your personal information, you may ask us to provide you a copy of the information we collected in a machine readable format, in order to allow you to provide it to another service provider. If you believe that are collecting and/or using your information in unlawful way, please contact us and we will cease the action in question and investigate the matter thoroughly.
- Opt-Out: Any email communication we send to you regarding promotional offers, advertising, or other Website related emails, will include an opt-out / unsubscribe option that you can directly exercise via the email communication. Please note that you can also unsubscribe from email communication or you can simply email us.” We may still hold your account information and Customer Information and may contact you for updates regarding those.
- Please take note that if you decide to purchase a product again after you”ve unsubscribed, we may still send you service emails directly related to these transactions, such as order confirmations, product notices, notifications, security alerts, compatibility notifications, or enhancements.
- Executing Your Right: you may execute the above rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Security
- We implement data security systems and procedures to secure the information transmitted, processed and stored on the Website, our computer servers and systems. For example, all transactions on the Website are encrypted by using SSL. We periodically review our information and data collection practices to ensure constant monitoring, we use third party processing and serving services that implement various information security standards and certifications and we monitor and filter access to data when it comes to personnel in our organization. Such systems and procedures reduce the risk of security breaches, but they do not provide absolute security, as there is no such thing when it comes to the world-wide network. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the Website and our servers are immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein and to other information security risks. If you have any questions about the security on the Website, you can contact us at email@example.com
- Information Transfer
- We may transfer your Information (including Personal Information) outside the country in which it is collected or in which you are reside (e.g., to the United Kingdom or the United States), including to a country that may not offer the same level of protection for Personal Information as the country in which you reside. However, in which case we make sure to place all contractual safeguards (such as verification of Privacy Shield Certification) to ensure your Information is processed in a way that offers an adequate level of protection when it is shared between or among our third party vendors.
- The Site or the Services are not designed to attract children under the age of 19. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 19 should not have access to the site. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 19, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any questions?